Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Packing Post I Postponed Posting

4 hours, 41 minutes.

You know how I said I was going to post about packing when I did that last night?  Well, clearly I didn't.  But that's okay because I didn't pack either.  LET'S GO!

I have this nifty packing list:

  1. 3-5 shirts
  2. 1 sweater or fleece
  3. 2 pairs of pants
  4. 1 pair shorts
  5. 5 pairs undies
  6. 5 pairs socks
  7. 1 pair walking shoes (uh)
  8. 1 pair sandals
  9. 1 rainproof jacket with hood (uh)
  10. scarf
  11. sleepwear
  12. money belt (uh)
  13. debit card
  14. PASSPORT
  15. driver's license
  16. student ID
  17. guidebook
  18. journal
  19. daypack
  20. plug adapter (uh)
  21. book
  22. toiletries
  23. ziplock bags (uh)
  24. bug spray (uh)
All the "uh"s are things I don't have or haven't thought about that are probably pretty important.

Fun fact:  it's really hard to fit everything in a carry on.  It's like expert tetris, but with higher stakes.

Right now I'm trying to fit all of the tiny liquid bottles into a quart sized ziplock bag while talking to my mom on the phone about how I should be able to fit more tiny bottles in a ziplock bag and it doesn't make sense why it's not working.  It's actually making me a lot angrier than it should be.  I just want to bring shampoo.  I promise I won't do anything bad with the shampoo.  I just need shampoo.  PLEASE. 

As far as fitting clothes in the bag goes, pretty easy so far.

This is not how I expected this to go.

I thought I'd be freaking out and throwing clothes all over the place but instead I'm picking the clothes that have already been thrown all over the place off of the floor and stuffing them in a bag.

4 hours, 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment