Friday, March 6, 2015

...with the sound of music!

For our second and final day enjoying Switzerland, we had a and early start, leaving my favorite hotel and person (Gilbert, is his name) ever. We love Gilbert. I'm going to write Gilbert a thank you letter.



On the way to Geneva, we stopped in Bern, the Capitol city of Switzerland.  It is apparently the second happiest place in the world to live and costs almost as much as London. The food was very, VERY expensive. Very.



The name of the town has sometime to do with bears. Bear, Bern, I mean, it's similar. The city also has a really cool clock and a a statue of someone eating children, which has been aptly nicknamed "Darby."



For lunch, Maggie and I searched around for food and successfully found a sushi place. This place has the most delicious sushi I've ever had in my life and if I never get to go back for anything else I want to go back to that sushi place.

We then proceeded to wander around until we were able to go into the Einstein House. We learned:

1) Einstein was a player,

2) His house was very small,

3) He made his most important discoveries in Bern, and

4) He had a child before he was married that no one really knew about (sadface, poor baby Einstein).


Finally, after we finished, we all traveler to our hotel in France, which was insanely sketchy and smelled of cigarette smoke and dead things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment